Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This morning I'm making 'Rice Krispie Treats' without the Rice Krispies. I'm using MaltoMeal's DinoBites instead. I thought they would be a good choice for making nice cheerful Day of the Dead -type skulls. Lots of fruity flavor, too. I don't have enough molds to do a whole batch at once, so I'm doing half at a time.
DinoBite Treat Skulls
16 ounce bag of marshmallows
a big bag of Dino Bites
about 3 Tablespoons of butter

Melted a little over half of the marshmallows, and 2 Tablespoons butter in the microwave on 30 power for 3 minutes. Stir, then dump in a pan with about 5 cups cereal, mix well. Pushed tightly, with buttered hands into the buttered molds, and now I'm waiting for them to cool so I can make the other half.
-
For face molds I have a large skull, large demon, large witch, and 2 small skulls. There was enough mixture for one of each.
-
I found the skull molds at http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/
Good prices, and the folks there are very nice.

No comments: