Friday, November 5, 2010

I came across a picture of the ornaments I made for a Christmas Exchange in 2007, and realized I had never posted them.
I went out in the yard and pulled Morning Glory vines, removed the leaves, formed the wreaths, and set them to dry in the sun on the henhouse roof.

The figures are apples from our tree made into sauce, then mixed half and half with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cloves. I put 2 Tablespoons of white glue in there too. Mixed the dough, let it set for a while and cut out with mini cookie cutters. Let dry for a few days.

Brought in the dry wreaths, wrapped them with satin and/or glittery ribbon. When the figures were dry, accented them with satin and/or glittery fabric paint. Let everything dry, and try to match the centers with a nice wreath. Tie them together.

That's about it.

No comments: