Friday, December 10, 2010

I made these for the first time Christmas 2 years ago. People still ask about them, so I'll be making them again this year.
I got the original recipe from Stephanie over on mrssurvival.
Cherry Chocolate Cookies

1 chocolate cake mix,

1/2 cup oil

3 eggs

handful of shredded coconut and cherry chips

Combine into stiff batter , drop by rounded spoonfuls, bake at 375 , for about 10 minutes.
-
I used a cup of maraschino cherries, chopped, instead of the chips and coconut. It was a nice texture dough, very glossy; we made 48 balls - or would have if folks hadn't kept stealing the dough as they went by! They smell divine!
The tops crinkled, with a slight pinkish tinge from the cherries. Needed to sit for a few seconds on the cookie sheet before trying to remove them.
They are yummy; rather like brownies. I think they would be good as bar cookies. The texture was like a bar cookie, not like a cake.

No comments: