Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1930's girl retro cut-up cake

I decided to try a retro cut up cake. She was made with a 9 x 13 cake and a small round.
First I trimmed the edges, then cut away for her waist. Cut triangles to give her a nice bust and some skinny shoulders, used part of the cut away triangles to make her arms. I made the icing white, so you could see where she was glued together. Her head is big like a cartoon.
She was frosted in 2 main colors, dress and body. Used a little Nestle Quik to make her skin color, I wanted the little freckly imperfections from the cocoa in it. Squiggled yellow through a #81 Wilton tip for her hair. The details are made from Wilton Cocoa Candy Melts. I just outlined her like a cartoon with a small round tip (you could use the tip snipped from a plastic bag). Her neck fringe used a leaf tip. And the result - a little cartoon 1930's girl.

No comments: